Web Scraping Engineer
Evidence Lab Innovations
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you have experience with big data and know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for a Web Scraping Engineer to:
• design, build, and prototype new data pipelines and support existing pipelines (i.e. debugging, optimization, etc.)
• innovate by identifying quicker, better, and easier ways to collect data from Internet sources
• implement quality assurance and data quality checks to ensure the completeness, validity, consistency and integrity of data as it flows through the pipeline
• create enriching data transformations
• work closely with a global team of researchers, engineers, and business analysts to find interesting sources and channels of relevant data
UBS Evidence Lab Innovations is a very dynamic, fast-paced and creative team taking advantage of the latest technology and data processing techniques. Evidence Lab Innovations is charged with helping clients make better decisions through data. You will be joining a team of Evidence Lab Data Engineers. The position is based in Krakow (Fabryczna Office Park). We offer flexible work arrangements.
• experience in web development/mining and good understanding of SQL databases
• good command of Python or a comparable programming language
• experience with data processing and manipulation techniques such as parsing, pattern matching and similar
• experience with Java Script and React would be an asset
• strong English language skills essential
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.