Market Risk Control – FRTB & Change Specialist
Job Reference #
We are looking for a Market Risk Control – FRTB & Change Specialist to join the Market Risk Control (MRC) team and take lead on various change initiatives, regulatory (mainly FRTB) driven and business driven. These initiatives range in scope in terms of impacted products, portfolios, systems and/ or processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivery of requirements from Market Risk Control perspective – primarily focusing on process design, user functionality and analytical capability.
You will be involved in assessment of operating model and business impact, and in project management activities; you will need to find solutions, build consensus, manage external as well as your own deadlines, and take responsibility for delivery; and you will have an opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders across the bank. The ideal candidate is familiar with financial products, associated market risks, portfolio risk measures, pricing models, as well as market risk processes and controls.
This is a unique role, and a great opportunity to expand both financial markets and regulatory knowledge, and develop project management skills.
- Drive planning, progress and transparent communication of business and regulatory-driven deliverables from MRC perspective
- Lead specification & prioritisation of MRC requirements
- Provide impact analysis and suggestions for process (re-)design
- Perform UAT testing and articulate recommendations for optimal implementation
- Compile related process and policy documentation
- Interact with stakeholders across teams and regions – discuss options, source feedback, provide updates, education & support
You will be part of Change & FRTB team within MRC, and interact closely with Market Risk Officers (MROs) across asset classes and divisions. Your work will be in a dynamic and fast paced environment, in close collaboration with various business and control functions across the group.
- A master’s degree – preferably in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics/ Physics/ Engineering), or in Finance/ Economics
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in risk, knowledge of risk processes/ controls/ reporting is a plus,
- Profound interest in financial markets, knowledge of financial products, experience with more than one asset class is a plus
- Knowledge of risk quantification and market risk methodology fundamentals
- Experience in data management & analysis, programming ability is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interact with people at different levels within the organisation, and to summarize complex problems and concepts clearly and intuitively
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Open minded, collaborative, “on top of” developments
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, with "can-do" attitude
- Communicating clearly and convincingly
- Team oriented but able to work independently with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive deliverables
- Well organised, with strong analytical skills, you pay attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.