Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of one or more Charles River IMS modules or components as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business and technical problem domains
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software
- Participate in the design of product architecture within the team’s scope of responsibility
- Develop, test, debug, and implement software programs, applications and projects using Java, C#, SQL, Typescript, or other related software engineering languages
- Provide thoughtful insight and suggestions in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- 4 to 7 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- 2 to 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Fixed Income Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- Able to contribute to design specs with some assistance from senior staff
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with moderate oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops