Software Engineer/Developer – Java Full Stack
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to be part of a major digital transformation initiative that will revolutionize post trade processing at UBS Investment Bank? Do you want to design and build the next generation of business applications using the latest technologies? Do you want to join a fast-growing team committed to the highest standards of customer interaction and engineering best practices?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• engage hands on in driving the development of a new set of platform capabilities in the ‘Digital Core’ that will enable real time processing, analytics, and structured workflow
• work closely with the solution architect of the platform to define and maintain the solution as well as the associated engineering best practices
• provide leadership to the agile teams working on the platform to ensure best practices and the highest standards are maintained
• contribute to skill aligned chapter constructs working across the Digital Operations platform to ensure we build solutions in the right way
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working as part of the Operations IT Technology team in the Investment Bank based in Kraków Fabryczna Office Park. You will be part of a highly motivated and talented group where innovation is not only encouraged but expected! Working closely with the stakeholders to develop best in class solutions alongside cross-team collaboration with like-minded experts is the UBS definition of the new normal.
• java software engineer with 10+ years of experience
• good knowledge of the design patterns applicable to data streaming
• experience of Apache Flink/Apache Kafka and the ELK stack are highly desirable (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana)
• experience of Flowable or similar BPMN/CMMN tooling also highly desirable
• familiarity with CI / CD (TeamCity / Jenkins), Git / GitHub /GitLab
• familiarity with Docker/containerization technologies
• familiarity with Microsoft Azure
• proven track record in an agile SDLC in a large-scale enterprise environment
• knowledge of Post trade processing in large financial institutions a bonus!
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.