Where You Fit In
Customer Operation’s purpose is to deliver best in market customer experience and business value, at an affordable cost. Success for Customer Operations is providing market leading Customer Experience, generating revenue for Shell and, providing a modern and engaging employee experience augmented by technology. We are fully end-to-end integrated with business partners we work with. We approach our work by ensuring brilliant basics of our work, being fundamentally digital and an agile organization. We also ensure that our customer experience we deliver are segmented according to their needs.
What is the Role?
The Business Success Specialist provides proposal support to Shell Catalysts & Technologies companies, a group of companies that provide leading catalysts, technical services and licensed process technologies to refiners, gas treating facilities and chemical plants around the world. The successful candidate will have experience in developing sales and services proposals in support of a commercial sales organization.
Principle Accountabilities will include:
Proposals and Contracts Development:
- Develop sales and services proposals; and
- Attend team kick off meetings to review invitation to bid and plan proposal requirements.
Support, Interfacing and Advice:
- Communicate and interface on a regular basis with Business Partner’s ‘Customer Facing Organization’ (Sales).
- Advise on proposal related questions and issues, providing options/alternative terms to better enable Sales to make informed decisions to further their objectives.
- Interface and collaborate with the Business Advisors, on an as needed basis.
What We Need from You?
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent proposal development skills: thorough and detail oriented; apply skills to commercial and technical information provided, in developing proposals to ensure they accurately reflect business objectives; and
- Strong commercial mindset and problem-solving skills: commercial acumen, and ability to find acceptable solutions and options to reflect business needs.
Interpersonal and Communications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to easily connect, interface and build relationships with the Customer Facing Organization;
- Passion for business: energetic, enthusiastic, and passion to learn the Shell Catalysts & Technologies business;
- Collaborative workstyle: prior experience in working both independently and within a team framework; and
- Manage priorities: ability to manage time and prioritize workload.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years functional experience in developing proposals either for a sales organization, contracting and procurement or similar capacity.
- Systems: Knowledge of SalesForce (customer records management tool) is a plus.
- English Language Proficiency - excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Spanish Language – intermediate Spanish verbal and written communications skills preferred.
- Mid-shift working hours (approx.1 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.), exact schedule to be agreed.