At Shell Fleet Solutions, our ambition is to deliver seamless, contextual and valuable communications to customers and prospects across the customer journey. You’ll be working alongside passionate people who love what we do and enjoy being champions of customer-centricity at every touchpoint we manage; creating tailored, relevant engagement campaigns for our customers and working with innovative technology every day. We foster a learner mindset, and so we commit to providing opportunities for personal and professional development for each member of the team – you can expect a multi-faceted, supportive work environment here.
The Customer Dialogue Operations Team covers 22 markets across Europe and Asia, and will be responsible for managing the activation and orchestration of all Fleet Solutions customer marketing campaigns, and this role provides a unique opportunity to be at the heart of our shift to moving towards insights-driven marketing that drives tangible business value.
What’s the role?
This is a new role that sits in the Global Customer Dialogue Operations Hub in Shell Fleet Solutions & Emobility. We’re on a journey to become our customers’ first choice in sustainable mobility solutions – and customer marketing plays an important role in delivering best in class customer communications experiences that will differentiate us from the competition.
The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for the administration, design, quality assurance, execution, maintenance and reporting for automated multi-channel marketing programs within Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You will be tasked with working with our Salesforce Centre of Expertise and our CRM Technical Consultancy agency to develop, maintain and deliver on our roadmap for features and functionality in Marketing Cloud.
We’ll entrust you with the following responsibilities
- You will co-own the Marketing Cloud product roadmap, playing a key role in developing and deploying new features and functionality
- You will act as the custodian of functional requirements and design documentation on the business side
- You will work with strategists to ideate and plan multi-channel, automated marketing campaigns against complex strategic briefs focusing on automating interactions with a heavy emphasis on personalisation
- You will work with Email Campaign Specialists and our technical consultancy team to design and build relevant and personalized customer journey workflows, related automations, dynamic email and landing pages and forms for complex campaigns, including lead nurture journeys, ensuring optimal set-up, testing and execution – including the strategy for A/B testing to optimize performance
- We care about respecting data privacy, so you will monitor compliance to data privacy regulations when designing campaign solutions
- We’re constantly building capabilities, so you will capture and define best practices, create playbooks to facilitate knowledge transfer and adoption of new features and functionality
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
This role requires technical knowledge and experience of marketing automation platforms, specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to provide technical expertise to build out innovative Customer Dialogue programmes that will be the foundation of building great customer experiences.
You’ll ideally have
- At least 3 years of Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) experience, preferably with a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certification (Consultant or Developer)
- Good understanding of the technicalities of operating a marketing automation platform - data design and architecture, intermediate knowledge of scripting languages: HTML/CSS & AMPScript (Marketing Cloud’s proprietary scripting language), journey design and build, web/forms development
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database management
- High-level understanding of Marketing strategy and tactics, and how to leverage the features and functionalities of the automation platform to deliver on multi-channel campaign objectives
- Strong project and collaboration management capabilities, including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies and risk factors
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and vice versa
- High-level understanding of GDPR
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal peers and can foster cooperation in non-hierarchical relationships
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can thrive, innovate and develop; but most of all, be yourself.