We are looking for experienced data manager who has background in chemistry and regulatory compliance. If you are passionate about project management and would like to have a real impact on company compliance the role is for you!
The Fuels Product Management (FPM)/ Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Excellence organization in Shell Trading & Supply develops and drives the adoption of consistent global standards in the management and quality assurance of Shell fuel product data which underpins HSSE compliance and Indirect Tax compliance.
You will work in close cooperation with the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Design Architect who to develops, implements, manages, improves the Fuels PLM processes across Downstream Fuel and the PLM Process Expert who supports the process, provides expertise and best practice advise, leads process and product data improvement projects and trains the end users globally.
You will cover a range of functional areas including data governance, (coordinate) set up and amend of fuel products, product master data management, data quality management, data analysis & reporting (MI), document & records management, and data and regulatory compliance.
Your primary responsibilities are to:
- Provide a central expertise for product master data management process to end users globally.
- Advise on and support of product master data management and process improvements.
- Set Up and Amend of products for the Fuel businesses in many complex global systems using predetermined workflows.
- Coordinate and manage set up of product data impacting different businesses.
- Ensure timely completion of the set up and amend of products by liaising with the globally dispersed stakeholders in the PLM workflows.
- Act as coach for the 2 junior Fuel Data Managers.
- Participate in the strategic selection of applications for product data management and is responsible of the fuel product master data preparation for new systems go live.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the PLM process to reduce time to market and remove complexity from the business and work with Data and IT for best practice solutions. Support additional data/digitalisation related activities as needed.
- Monitor Data Quality measures and develop mitigating actions.
- Support PLM Excellence in executing improvement processes and initiate proposals and activities to improve master data management activities.
- Develop strong positive working relationships based on a high level of trust and credibility with stakeholders.
- Respond to issues in a timely manner.
- This is a Global role, covering Europe/ Africa, Asia and North America.
- The role will support many different business, business models and ERP and CAP systems.
- The individual is required to have a blend of technical product knowledge, data management skills and analysis proficiency.
- Introduce to fuel businesses best practices for managing data at the global level.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Chemistry (degree level) orrelevant experience of at least 3 years in a regulatory or product support role (Must have)
- Fuel Product composition and/ or industry standards knowledge is a clear advantage.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory landscape and HSSE compliance.
- Experience in Data Management and processes.
- Experience with managing data and processes.
- Demonstrable project management experience an skills
- Proven track record of productivity when challenged with multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong relationship and leadership skills demonstrating initiative, honesty, integrity, courage, and respect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (min. C1)