The main asset to be supported as Supply Chain Lead is Pearl GTL Qatar.
Pearl GTL is a fully integrated upstream-downstream development capturing in one operating business the full gas value chain from offshore development through onshore gas processing, the conversion of gas to hydrocarbon liquids, and the refining to finished products.
As a part of a Shell Projects & Technology, it provides technical services, technology capability and major project delivery in both Upstream and Downstream activities. We also deliver differentiating technical information technology and drive research and innovation to create technology solutions for tomorrow. Within Shell P&T, our Contracting & Procurement Operations (CP Ops) Delivery Teams are responsible for procuring goods and services from third parties on behalf of our organizations. Our focused and assertive Sourcing strategies serve to continually optimize market opportunities.
The relevant contract-portfolio you will manage in this role is Turnaround (services and materials for a huge maintenance project) or Asset Materials (part of run & maintain of the plant) scopes for Qatar GTL plant.
This role provides you an opportunity to see various parts of the P&T businesses through a CP lens and to demonstrate such imperative Group behaviors as Commercial Mindset, External Focus and Speed of delivery. The role has a direct impact on delivery of business cost improvement through 3rd Party Spend management. Your main focus will be on Sourcing and Contract management with Suppliers and maximizing Value generation (creation and preservation) from dedicated categories.
By joining this CP Ops team, you will be part of a dynamic, challenging and leading-edge Procurement Team. This is a challenging and rewarding role.
- Manage Operational and Tactical Contracts and purchase orders in line with Contract Segmentation guidelines and principles.
- Part of the virtual team. No direct reports. Based in Krakow.
- Stakeholders may will be in various businesses and geographic locations.
- Collaboration with Global Category Managers, procurement colleagues at the plant and own team members.
- Opportunity to make an impact on a bottom-line savings.
- Engage with Requisitioners on new Business Needs.
- Manage one’s own annual spend, developing portfolio contracting strategies, executing tenders and implementing contacts of varied value.
Skills & Requirements:
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience in Contracting & Procurement, Supply Chain/logistics experience would be additional asset
- Very strong communication skills and fluent English
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Knowledge of Ariba, SAP and RtP process are preferred
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Bachelor / master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Law, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or related discipline(s) would be an asset
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and interface with varying levels of management.
- Working in a global, virtual team being flexible with hours and travel.
- Adapting rapidly to changing circumstances/priorities.
- Ability to deliver high quality results with minimal supervision.
- Work Hours & Holidays – The daily routine will follow as per asset / project working hours and holidays. Candidates are expected to occasionally work on Sundays for a premium salary.