API Developer & Software Component Manager
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a passionate API Developer with a strong focus on delivery? Are you experienced in global implementations? Do you have hands-on experience of API design and development?
We’re looking for a hands-on experienced API Developer to strengthen our team for an exciting new global implementation focused on automation, simplification and state of the art architecture:
• a hands-on API Developer in the HR Service Delivery Team with API and integration tool experience
• analyze and develop Service Now technical integration solutions, implement them and perform component integration tests for HR solutions
• experience in Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) and/or eSignature solutions including integration to Service Now is a plus
• collaborate closely with vendor, stakeholder, delivery, infrastructure and project teams, providing ServiceNow API best practice advice, giving technical advice, reviewing designs, implementing CI/CD pipelines and working as a collaborative team
• being part of a Scrum Team and used to running HR IT Digital / Service Now projects (with a focus on global solutions) from A to Z
• ensure all documentation is in compliance with UBS SDLC and standards, i.e., review design documents and provide feedback on approach
• ability to efficiently and appropriately estimate work effort requirements
a hands-on Software Component Manager who facilitates the proactive management of MERs in the digital transformation space
• partner with experts across the organization
• challenge your colleagues to think and act "digitally"
You will be working in the HRIT team based in Krakow, Poland. This is a vibrant new team and you will work with one or many scrum team(s) comprising of UBS permanent and IT outsource staff (one team approach). Resulting in global teams across the whole world. Given this, you must be used to working in a matrix management structure and operating across multiple time zones. We are a global function providing services to HR teams across all divisions whilst supporting their customers in 32 countries and 64 locations across the world. HR IT leads the delivery of the major HR technology programs for UBS whilst providing ongoing maintenance and Run the Bank activities for a host of widely used applications. It is an exciting time to be joining HRIT.
• university degree / masters relevant information technology or relevant work experience
• performed a similar API Developer/Engineer role using ServiceNow in which you are highly skilled, preferably in the HR Service Delivery Product in a scrum/agile approach
• experience of continuous integration (for example: GitHub, GitLab, TeamCity, Nexus, Azure DevOps, SonarQube, Fortify, Terraform, Ansible)
• hands-on experience of API (REST, SOAP) & integration tool development
• strong knowledge of the Java frameworks (Spring MVC, Spring Security)
• good knowledge of data models, DB
• knowledge of secure coding practices and encryption and data transfer models (HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, TLS)
• understanding of full stack (backend, frontend, network, OS, middleware, etc.)
• have previous experience of managing MERs is preferable as a result of technology risk management
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.