C#/.Net Web App. Developer with Oracle/MSSQL experience – IB Ops
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a self-starter? Do you have the zeal to accept technical challenges and deliver within tight deadlines?
We are looking someone like this to:
– Join a fast paced high profile multiyear application rollout, delivering substantial improvement across the Investment Bank for 'Know Your Client (KYC)' and client due diligence activities
- Understand and contribute to the broader Client Lifecycle Management landscape the application resides and operates within
– Ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide strategies and frameworks
– Support the Client Lifecycle Management IT Delivery Lead in implementing the department's IT strategy and other continuous improvement projects
• Adaptable attitude who can contribute to different aspects of the application
• Delivery high quality code with a 'right first time' objective
• Participate in planning, daily stand-ups, show and tell sessions and retrospective meetings
• Experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Challenge technical approach and call out potential requirements gaps early
Client Lifecycle Management team is part of the IB Operations function within Group Technology in UBS and is dedicated to providing data that is a critical enabler to the various businesses and logistics functions across the Bank, providing a central source of high quality reference data (including Client, Account, SSI, Instrument, Issuer, Pricing, Book, Product and Calendar) to those functions within the UBS Group.
You'll be Software Engineer working with a global development team to provide adequate software solutions following standard development life-cycle processes.
Your experience and skills:
• 5+ years experience in database design and development
• Good level of English
Additional skills and experiences that would be advantageous, but are not essential:
• 1+ years experience with Fenergo version 8
• Experience of responsive web design principles
• MS SQL Server 2016 SP2
• Oracle 12c
• go getter, who sets tough targets and a plan to achieve them
• good leader willing to accept various delivery challenges
• great communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels
• team player, working with a globally distributed team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.