Software Engineer/Developer – Java Full Stack
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to be part of a major digital transformation initiative that will revolutionise post trade processing at UBS Investment Bank? Do you want to design and build the next generation of business applications using the latest technologies?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• drive the development of a new set of platform capabilities in the ‘Digital Core’ that will enable real time processing, analytics and structured workflow
• develop high quality, automatically tested code, leading by example
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• interact consistently with key stakeholders in Operations in cross-functional teams (hybrid pods) to ensure we are delivering the right thing
• review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfils the expected level of quality
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
We are an Agile team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality and sustainable solutions. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. We aspire to embody Agile and XP practices in our everyday work to ensure our software is of the highest quality and delivers value to customer at its heart. You will be cooperating with delivery teams located in Krakow and business stakeholders Globally.
Our software is at the heart of UBS Investment Bank’s OTC Derivatives Operations. Our systems are responsible for settling and confirming over a billion dollars worth of transactions a day. We have an excellent relationship with our stakeholders and work hard to maintain their trust and respect.
• java software engineer with 5+ years of experience
• experience in developing software utilizing Spring framework
• good knowledge of the design patterns applicable to data streaming
• experience of Apache Flink/Apache Kafka and the ELK stack are highly desirable (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana)
• experience of Flowable or similar BPMN/CMMN tooling also highly desirable
• familiarity with CI / CD (TeamCity / Jenkins), Git / GitHub /GitLab
• familiarity with Docker/containerization technologies
• familiarity with Microsoft Azure
• proven track record in an agile SDLC in a large scale enterprise environment
• Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
• Strong organizational and management skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.