ITSM Business Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The ITSM Business Analyst is a key member of the team who can analyse any business-related processes (including application-related and other operational processes) and procedures and develops proposals for change or enhancements. This individual will be responsible for engaging stakeholders to elicit requirements and perform detailed business analysis to effect changes or enhancements specifically related to ServiceNow and MIR3.
This individual will be required to work collaboratively with other members of the global ITSM team and other IT and Business teams within the bank to ensure that optimal changes are proposed and delivered.
As part of the role, responsibilities may include:
• Conducting information gathering activities such as surveying, analysing and evaluating processes products and services, by using a variety of internal and/or external data
• Determining required solutions and assisting in implementations
• Documenting "as is" and "to be" processes and business requirements documents
• Supporting project management tasks in the areas of quality control and project management
• Recommending improvements, solutions and respective implementation plans
• Specifying working products along defined principles, guidelines and modelling processes using the appropriate tools
• Reconciling requirements with different stakeholders and ensures communication and traceability
• Supporting the business engineer by describing and defining the business processes including the (organizational) structures involved
• Eliciting, analysing, negotiating, validating and communicating requirements and their respective impact on different stakeholders
• Identifying and documenting the main stakeholders and other sources (e.g. existing systems, regulations) for functional and non-functional requirements
• Embed Risk Awareness by designing and operating an effective control environment, proactively identifying and raising control deficiencies and driving diligent and sustainable risk remediation.
• Adhering to technology and business best practices whilst proactively innovating where opportunities arise.
The ITSM team is part of the Automation & Tooling team. The team is responsible for a portfolio of products including ServiceNow platform which is predominantly used by Group Technology to manage the ITSM processes within the bank.
• Proven ability to work on multiple products and/or processes of low to medium complexity, in parallel.
• 3 years minimum experience related to Projects / Change Programmes
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Have experience of working within an agile team and be familiar with the Scrum methodology
• Have the ability to propose alternative solutions to a problem whilst working collaboratively with other team members
• Have excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Preferable, but not essential, to hold ServiceNow Administrator Certificate
• Preferable, but not essential, to have working knowledge of GitLab, Flow-JIRA
• Preferable, but not essential, to have in-depth understanding of the ServiceNow configuration and development features, however ability to learn about the product to be able to leverage this knowledge when liaising with stakeholders would be considered.
• Should have collaboration skills to work efficiently in a dynamic global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.