Who we are looking for
The Client Group Manager is a key position within State Street Bank, it requires taking responsibility for the servicing of a number of client relationships. The CGM has direct responsibility for the fund groups servicing the clients that are each headed by an Account Manager. The position of CGM therefore requires an attention to both staff management and client service. The CGM should be experienced in managing transitions and implementing new technology. The position will require from the candidate as well close cooperation with top management, ability to execute company strategy and translation of corporate goals to staff.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accounting Manager you will:
- Communicate Effectively, Build and Maintain Key Relationships with clients, colleagues and business partners.
- Focus on Clients and Results while as well Ensure that Accuracy and Quality are maintained at a high level
- Provide Vision and Direction to the staff, Increase the Operating Performance and productivity of the client group
- Serve as a source of technical information to assist clients with Product Types & structures as well as Compliance and Basic regulatory issues
- Prepare annual budget inputs as requested, Control status report, KPI Reporting in collaboration with counterparts in other sites
- Keep current on procedures/systems changes and ensure incorporation into group procedures
- Actively work towards increasing efficiency/productivity year on year for each client
- Manage extra client/donor site requests and ensure the Operating Model remains appropriate
- Prepare documentation for and interface with Internal/External Auditors and Procedures and Controls Unit
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions.
What we value
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to “make things happen”
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A University Degree in banking/finance or related field. A business-related degree or accountancy qualification would be an asset
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction.
- ACCA/CIMA would be considered as an advantage