Who we are looking for
As a Risk Analyst within State Street Global Advisors’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will provide an independent validation of business models developed by SSGA. You will need the ability to organize both qualitative and quantitative information in a meaningful way to develop and implement plans to mitigate risks to SSGA.
In this role you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with other Model Risk Management team members on conducting validations of new models and advising on changes to existing models. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to our organization and the financial industry.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Risk Analyst you will
- Support Model Risk Management in achieving regulatory compliance while gaining efficiency and productivity
- Review the model workflow and identifying gaps in model development, implementation, and usage process and documentation
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, traders, researchers, IT, and Corporate Model Risk Management to conduct independent full scope validation as well as annual reviews of SSGA investment models
- Review and assess model changes and conduct targeted validation on significant model changes
- Evaluate remediation submissions and ongoing monitoring of SSGA investment models
- Identify, assess, and report model risks on individual model and aggregate level to management through validation reports for all SSGA models
- Assist in various ad-hoc requests
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- A strong verbal and written communication in English is essential
- Articulation of ideas and analysis effectively
- Adaptation to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities to tight deadlines
- Have ability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Past experience in modeling or validation in financial industry would be an asset
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field, or its equivalent
- Programming fluency in Python/R/Matlab language is highly preferred