At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join our Business Transformation Team as a Process Automation Specialist !
The BBH Business Transformation team is responsible for designing, implementing and driving process re-engineering and other strategic initiatives forward. As part of this innovative team, you will work closely with business leaders, Systems, Finance and Project Teams to execute on critical initiatives to transform our operating model. Your day to day job will center around supporting our automation program through leveraging a Self-Service Data & Analytics toolkit to achieve our objectives. This will require in-depth process analysis, inclusive of legacy Excel/VBA templates and workpapers, and the creation of new processes and workflows leveraging state of the art Data Capture, Transformation and Analytics capabilities to maximize efficiency and minimize risk.
The Business Transformation Analyst / Automation Specialist interprets data & requirements, analyzes results and uses those insights to deliver process automation solutions. S/he will be skilled in data preparation technologies, data analytics and other techniques. The individual will work directly with senior leaders and frontline managers to understand and prioritize business and information needs.
To be successful in these roles you will need to be curious, innovative, possess strong communication skills, and have a keen interest in applying emerging technologies and practices to solve data operations challenges.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
The Automation Specialist will leverage their data related competencies to streamline and improve in scope processes. They will partner closely with Business and IT stakeholders to source, transform, enrich, calculate and visualize data from multiple sources to power more streamlined workflows for data intensive functions.
Data, itself, is also very context specific, and so the Automation Specialist must be a fast learner who is able to become familiar with the business areas of in scope processes for automation. Appreciation for project constraints, risk considerations and ensuring client satisfaction are essential.
Support the project team and various business units in defining scope, planning, budgeting and controlling all project tasks, resources and deliverables. Apply agile methodologies and best practices to ensure successful execution of projects to deliver scope on schedule and within budget.
- BS or MSc in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is preferred.
- Experience in a back or middle office financial services setting.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data preparation and analysis essentials.
- Experience with visual analytics tools (Cognos Analytics, QlikSense, etc…), databases, and building automated data preparation solutions (with tools like Alteryx).
- Experience using statistical or automation scripting for analyzing and reporting on datasets (VBA, R and/or Python).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at writing queries, developing reports & dashboards and presenting findings.
- Creative thinking, intellectual curiosity.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.