It’s Time to Unsmoke.
There is no question that the best choice for men and women who smoke is to quit cigarettes and nicotine altogether. But many people don’t. In any given year, about 9 out of 10 men and women who are already smoking will continue: those people deserve access to, and information about, better alternatives. That is why we’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products and focusing our efforts in switching adults, who choose to continue smoking, to our smoke-free platforms.
In order to achieve this, we are focused on 6 strategic priorities:• Developing a long-term product and ecosystem portfolio,
• Building societal support of smoke-free products,
• Growing our smoke-free platforms to scale,
• Delivering product launch & customer service agility,
• Achieving cost and cash leadership, and
• Maintaining leadership in conventional cigarettes.
Vision for Information Technology (IT)To enable achievement of the above, we need an IT organization focused on the consumer. We also need new capabilities and different ways of working both across functions and between the headquarters and markets.
PMI’s technology capabilities will be fundamental to success. As a technology function, our purpose is to create the conditions to enable change. In order to succeed in this transformation, the IT organization must evolve:
- From a service provider to a partner with technical/digital capabilities fully aligned to the business capabilities we are building;
- From a federated structure supporting local, regional and functional priorities towards a global IT platforms and solutions approach, aligned to PMI’s global strategy;
- From a fragmented processes and applications landscape to standardized processes, centralized applications at the backend and freedom to innovate on consumer experience with speed at local level;
- From heavy dependence on our external partners, towards an operating model which enables both efficiency through outsourcing where it makes sense, yet a clear intent to differentiate through building key capabilities in house.
Role Accountabilities – all with Global coverage1. Strategy
- Drive and support IT strategic initiatives and alignment across IT platforms & functions; identify interdepencies and seek for efficiencies.
- Support annual and quarterly IT strategy reviews with IT Leadership Team
- Run strategic planning processes across platforms and in close cooperation and alignment with regions and headquarters.
2. Project execution / efficiency management
Lead selected key cross-functional projects; drive continuous improvement initiatives and lead the development of tools/ processes to increase quality of work and business impact
3. Support running the business of IT
- Support coordination of the IT Strategy & Transformation (also known as the Office of the CTO) activities across all its sub streams e.g. IT Transformation, IT Performance Management, IT Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management, IT People capability development, IT Change Management and Communication , Agile (mindset, ways of working etc) development, HR planning, Finance & Tracking
- Support preparation of key meetings with the IT leadership team and/or functions. Follow-up on actions
- Support diverse initiatives e.g. the creation of the Inclusion & Diversity plan
4. People Management
Lead and develop key competencies of team members across various teams by providing guidance and constructive feedback to foster both personal and professional development. Ensure transfer of knowledge in a highly rotating environment.
5. Management presentations
Lead the preparation of executive presentations and management updates supporting the VP IT Strategy & Transformation; and management team.
Requirements• Masters degree / MBA
• 7-10 years work experience in Managerial position leading strategy & projects; high preference for strategic consultancy background
• Strong IT background, understanding and ongoing interest in latest technologies
• High performer with future general management leadership potential
• Top-end strategic problem solving and large-scale program delivery skills gained in major transformations
• Very strong analytics and numerical problem-solving capability
• Ideally commercial (sales and marketing), digital, go-to-market understanding in FMCG or retail but also other consumer services sectors
• Mix of consulting experience in leading strategy firm and corporate/IT strategy in major corporate
• High gravitas, strong influencer and collaborator
• Fluent in English – written & spoken
The position can be based either in Lausanne (Switzerland), London (UK) or Krakow (Poland).
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company, and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products, and associated electronic devices and accessories. Other nicotine containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of September 30, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 5.9 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI's heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer