Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors is seeking a highly motivated Senior Designer with 6+ years of experience and a digitally focused portfolio that demonstrates typographic refinement, strategic design thinking, and data visualization techniques to join our global team.
Working with in-house teams of designers, marketing colleagues, business leaders and external creative agencies located in North America, EMEA and APAC regions, you will play a key role in design and art direction to drive adoption and evolution of the organization’s brand strategy and visual identity across platforms including web, social media, advertising, events, sales materials, and others.
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, the third largest asset manager, the creator of the world’s first ETFs and an indexing pioneer. Our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. In joining State Street Global Advisors, you will be part of a marketing team whose work was the winner of 18 Cannes Lions (including four Grand Prix) for advertising creativity and a record five Grand Clios for the highly successful Fearless Girl campaign. In addition, 2018 Effie Awards recognized State Street Global Advisors as the most effective brand and marketer of the year.
What you will be responsible for
- Be an integral remote member of the Global Design team and support design needs for the EMEA, APAC, and North American regions.
- Work well independently and collaboratively with a strong in-house team of designers, production artists, art directors, and content creators.
- Help realize the high-level strategy of the Creative Director to maintain and evolve the organization’s visual identity and design system as well as achieve individual project goals.
- Proven ability to influence and lead projects from concept to delivery.
- Produce creative, expressive and purposeful design solutions that live up to brand standards and are also scalable across the design system.
- Ensure consistency of visual identity across firm-wide communications.
- Commission and art direct illustrators, animators, and photographers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop clear and compelling data visualization.
- A solid design background with 6+ years of graphic/visual design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic/Visual Design or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail and a solid understanding of typography, color, form, and ideation process.
- Outstanding digitally-focused design portfolio, showcasing stellar examples of data visualization, animation, video and other web/mobile-based projects.
- Fluency in best practices for web/mobile-based design.
- Understanding of print production and ability to prepare publications and large-scale event items for pre-press.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills with fluent, professional-level English and ability to lead discussions and influence for successful outcomes.
- Ability to self-manage schedules of numerous simultaneous design projects and meet appropriate deadlines.
- An essential team member who enjoys and values collaboration and constructive feedback.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and data into easily digestible solutions.
- Interest in story-telling aspect of design and global cultural trends.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Interest in accessibility and inclusion for web design
About State Street
What we do.
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers