MAKE HISTORY WITH US!At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. PMI is seeking an experienced Data Scientist who is passionate about motivating change through the intersection of data, operations, and science.
As a Senior Data Scientist, reporting to the Lead Data Scientist Operations, you will deliver impactful data products from the domain of Operations, including (but not limited to) topic in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Production Line, Agriculture, etc. Enterprise Analytics and Data, where Data Science Operations belongs, collaborates with different functions (Operations and IT Platforms) to deliver solutions that make substantial business impact. Our mission is to solve complex business problems with data and science. The team’s culture is centred around rapid experimentation with open feedback and debate along the way. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?• Extensive Experience in Data science: minimum 3 years of hands-on experience building solutions for business problems using advanced analytics and machine learning,
• Extensive experience and proficiency in Python, Spark for Data Analytics,
• Competency in Machine Learning, statistical principles, and techniques such as time series analysis, optimization, supervised and unsupervised learning – classical and advanced,
• Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics),
• Proven track record on putting data science to work – ideally in Operations domain along with IoT experience,
• Good presentation and communication skills (English), able to relay insights in layman’s terms, such that these can be used by Business to take informed decisions,
• Experience of coaching & mentoring junior data scientists,
• Driving/leading technical conversations with multiple internal and external stakeholders,
• Experience working in squads and multi-disciplinary teams in Agile / Lean delivery mode,
• Experience with GitFlow, Docker, Kubernetes,
• Experience in experiment design,
• Experience in commonly used cloud-based stack such as AWS (EMR, SageMaker, etc.) is highly welcome,
• Experience in developing and deploying data science solutions in production is highly welcome
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?• private medical and dental care, life insurance;
• subsidized meals in company canteens;
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements;
• employee pension plan;
• multisport program;
• holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus;
• wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility;
• free bike and car parking for all employees.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE HISTORY WITH US?• Deliver solutions to analytical problems primarily from Operations domain.
• Work closely with fellow Data Scientists, Data and Software Engineers, Data Architects, Data Managers, Business Analysts and Product Owners to implement extensible data products.
• Partner with other Enterprise Analytics and Data specialties on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data.
• Apply best practices in the area of data science and leverage on ‘Zero Overhead Principle’ to deliver data products of top quality.
• Work with complex datasets by leveraging distributed computing systems to ingest, mine, and analyze the data.
• Take technical leadership in various data science projects and advocate for optimization opportunities.
• Communicate and present project results and impact effectively.
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.