Who we are looking for
This position is perfect for an individual who has expertise in compliance, business control or audit functions within the Financial Services sector, who possesses strong attention to detail and coordination capabilities, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. It is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further in Compliance or in other risk and control areas.
Corporate Compliance supports the Board of Directors, senior management of State Street Corporation, and its affiliates in their responsibility to comply with laws and regulations applicable to State Street’s global business activities and functions. The Compliance Department is an independent control function part of the Second Line of Defense (SLOD).
Hiring Location: Krakow/Gdansk
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Advisory Manager you will
- Work in conjunction with other Compliance team members as well as business partners and external parties as needed to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities, and adherence to all policies/regulations/guidelines.
- Managing the Compliance team, leading and setting goals in order to achieve compliance objectives.
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core regulatory requirements, products of business units, applicable financial markets, industry trends and key technology in use by the business units.
- Support the management and compliance team in the development, implementation, reviews and revisions of Compliance manuals, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with their Compliance colleagues all over the globe to share and complete deliverables.
- Advice, challenge and support senior management in order to comply with rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Under limited supervision, work on various elements of a particular business units Compliance Oversight Program (COP)
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance, such as supporting production of management reporting, including but not limited to data collection, qualitative and / or quantitative analysis, formatting and quality assurance
- Work independently on specific assignments and consult with senior staff where clarification or exception to policy may be required
- Under limited supervision, act as coordinator for resolution of compliance issues
- Support communication to inform business units of regulatory developments and policy changes
- Act as primary contact/coordinator for regulatory exams and investigations
- As requested, review work of others for technical accuracy and provide input with the goal of enhancing the teams efforts to mitigate regulatory risk
- Share in the establishment/implementation of compliance training and education programs to keep business personnel apprised of compliance policies and regulatory obligations (inclusive of new employee induction training)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with proven experience working with senior management.
- Work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MA/ MSc/ BA/ BS (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Minimum of 7-8 years relevant work experience with risk, compliance, or audit functions within the financial services sector preferred
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.