Who we are looking for
This position is perfect for an individual who has expertise in compliance, business control or audit functions within the Financial Services sector, who possesses strong attention to detail and coordination capabilities, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. It is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further in Compliance or in other risk and control areas.
Corporate Compliance supports the Board of Directors, senior management of State Street Corporation, and its affiliates in their responsibility to comply with laws and regulations applicable to State Street’s global business activities and functions. The Compliance Department is an independent control function part of the Second Line of Defense (SLOD).
Hiring Location: Krakow/Gdansk
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Regulatory Change Analyst you will
- Work in conjunction with other Compliance team members as well as business partners and external parties as needed to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities, and adherence to all policies/regulations/guidelines.
- Support the management and compliance team in the development, implementation, reviews and revisions of Compliance manuals, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with their Compliance colleagues all over the globe to share and complete deliverables.
- Monitor assigned regulatory bodies for regulatory changes potentially impacting the business.
- Carry out the initial triage of the potential regulatory change and inform the relevant SLOD and FLOD; and support the completion of the risk impact assessment.
- Drive continued improvement in processes and the controls supporting the regulatory change.
- Participate in, and assist with, initiatives associated with the implementation of strategic enhancements to the technology supporting the Regulatory Change Management process.
- Have a working knowledge of how rules of the regulators impact the financial services industry across EMEA (i.e. BANK D'ITALIA, CB IRELAND, CSSF LUX, DEUTSCHE BUNDESBANK, ECB, FCA, GFSC, JFSC, PRA, ECB)
- Assist in developing the regulatory change management staff to build subject matter expertise.
- Provide support across EMEA Compliance for other centralized governance and reporting to drive consistency across the region for Compliance oversight and advisory
- Support communication to inform business units of regulatory developments and policy changes
- Act as primary contact/coordinator for regulatory exams and investigations
- Coordinate the implementation of controls with the business and management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with proven experience working with senior management.
- Work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MA/ MSc/ BA/ BS (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Minimum of 5-6 years relevant work experience with risk, compliance, legal or audit functions within the financial services sector preferred
- Knowledge the EU regulation in the area of the fund services industry
- Regulatory change management. Understand foreign and domestic rulemaking process or develop expertise where needed.
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Proven experience in identifying impact for financial services organizations as a result of a regulatory change.
- Excel essential
- Project Management / Change Management skills and expertise, a plus.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.