Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about business strategy?
Do you seek opportunities to use data and analytics to make business decisions?
Do you want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment?
Are you forward thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo?
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $3 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
The vision of the Strategy team is to enable senior management to develop, articulate, and deliver on our strategy for SPDR ETFs. Our primary clients are the executive leadership team, who ultimately have decision rights in the “what” and “how” of their teams’ approach. Success for us comes from working alongside them in a deep partnership. We work with them to clearly lay out our strategic vision and associated goals, to prioritize actions to achieve those goals and then enable those actions through targeted strategy projects related to implementation.
Why this role is important to us
This role is part of the broader Strategy, Infrastructure and Strategic Partners Team, a team dedicated to driving the strategy for Global SPDR, managing the business infrastructure and leading relationships with our most important business partners.
As a team we have a need for analytical support and report generation, which are used to enable senior management to make data-based decisions. To that end, for this role we are looking for a motivated individual with the ability to perform analytics from multiple data sets (in Excel), and to build supporting visuals to draw out key findings (in PowerPoint). While the role is focused on Global Business strategy, it will also support Sales strategy and planning, as needed based on business needs and requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As the SPDR Business Strategy Analyst, primary responsibility would be to provide data and analytical support with a specific focus on:
- Recurring Reporting
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting analyzing results across regions, asset categories, and competitors
- Generate results in Excel and visualize them in PowerPoint (sometimes also Tableau)
- Provide research and detailed analysis to:
- support key business initiatives
- inform decision making
- answer questions that arise from recurring reporting, industry developments or SPDR business activities
- Assist in creation of analysis and strategy materials for presentation to senior management and the overall Global SPDR team
- Analyze market, competitor and regulatory landscape, including key trends
- Leverage both internal and external (Bloomberg, Morningstar) data sources
M&A Analysis & Support
- Support business development, M&A type analysis / assessments and related activities
Ad Hoc Team Support
- Support one-off requests, typically involving analyzing data
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience requirement: 2-5 years. Experience in Finance or Management-Consulting industries preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Strong mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Ability to visualize data (knowing how to present data visually in charts and graphs to tell a story)
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Tableau
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good English
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- Effective in a team, providing support as required
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy when working
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Disposition – Ambitious, Enthusiastic, Self-reliant