As a data Engineer for the SPDR ETF Global Capital Markets business you will support all 3 regions across US, EMEA and APAC. Key responsibilities will include, delivery of data reports, identifying key trends and insights, with follow up actions flagged for regional teams. With data at the core of many aspects across Capital Markets, this is a great opportunity for data engineer with experience of building analytics tools, using large data sets from multiple sources.
The successful engineer will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting appropriate tools for processing and reconciliation of ETF market and reference data. You will collaborate with regional Capital Markets teams to identify priorities and devise solutions, providing where possible a best practice standard across the global business. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to support critical markets oversight functions across APAC/EMEA and US teams as part of Business Continuity. The ideal candidate will have strong communication abilities (with both technical and non-technical colleagues). Familiarity with trading or risk systems is a plus and you will ideally come from a background in the financial industry.
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstratable experience of data analysis using Python and/or R to an intermediate/expert level is essential.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience crafting a compelling narrative supported by data
- Analytically driven and comfortable working with large datasets in Excel, SQL and Python.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg data a preferable
- Understanding of Data Architecture concepts and comfortable working with database software.
- Experience/knowledge of ETF markets, ETF data sources and ETF baskets is a big plus
- Comfortable tackling open-ended problems using analytical methods
- Ability to work flexibly at times across time-zones subject to priorities/ projects in flight
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on projects under senior manager supervision
The ideal candidate will have relevant technical and education requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a similar field in preferable
- 3-5+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrate the ability to work with large data sets, analyze the information and identify patterns, trends, and results
- Have an ability to take complex information and distil into concise take-ways for internal and external counterparties
- Knowledge of ETF mechanics a plus – create/redeem process, fees, ETF clearing and settlement operations, custody
- Background experience in data science
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills, VBA, PowerPoint, Word and Bloomberg
- Programming languages (Python, BQNT, others) a plus