At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Product Support Analyst!
The Alternative Product Team provides process and application development and support to Alternative Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Custody, and Transfer Agency teams. As a key member of this group, the analyst will be working closely with internal business teams to analyze business processes, develop business requirements, liaise with developers and vendors during analysis and design, create and execute UAT plans and scripts, document procedures, provide support, and create and execute implementation plans (training, rollout, transition). The individual will work both independently and as part of bank-wide project teams to actively analyze department needs and increase operational efficiency.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Analysis / Documentation / Support:
- Write and review business requirements.
- Facilitate developer or vendor analysis and creation of design documents and functional specifications.
- Create and execute User Acceptance Testing plans and scripts.
- Document procedures.
- Create and execute implementation plans.
- Create and manage project plans.
- Analyze and design automated solutions to business problems.
- Provide on-going system support.
- Seek out and participate in team and interdepartmental projects.
- Static data maintenance.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert/Level 1 Support for application portfolio, business operations, demonstrating new products and assisting with internal and external client questions or presentations.
- Understand impact of work product and potential risks; attention to detail is critical.
- B.S. / B.A. degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2- 3 years prior accounting, application support, business analyst or QA analyst experience preferred.
- Prior involvement or experience working on financial services systems and projects preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to complete duties as assigned under minimal supervision.
- Aptitude for understanding global business consideration when implementing new business systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work with business users and system personnel in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience preparing and executing test scripts.
- Experience on Alternative Partnership / Private Equities (a plus).
- Hands-on experience with report writer packages and/or database application query tools (sql server) (a plus).
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.