Internship in Banking Operations
Job Reference #
We are looking for people available 20h+ a week.
The range of possible duties depending on your field of expertise are:
• Loan Management: Processing loan-repayments, -rollovers, -borrowings, -conversions, Letter of Credit bookings, trade bookings, manual payments, compliance & fee tracking
• Controlling: Managing mailboxes, investigating cash- and intersystem breaks, preparing reports for review, completing ad-hoc requests from other teams and departments, ensuring systems are updated correctly based on the available credit agreement details, ensuring interest and fee payments are made timely, checking for facility-/ counterparty cancellations, reviewing quarterly pay-downs
• Reporting : Updating reports – daily/ weekly/ quarterly/ ad-hoc for various activities
• Other duties: Documentation downloading, Participating in Robotic- & Automation-Initiatives/ User Acceptance Testing of new projects
You will have the opportunity to work across different teams dedicated to the syndicated loan market.
The Loan Administrator is responsible for the timely handling of all Loan Operations related to agency, bilateral & syndicated deals.
The position provides operations background, keen observation and due diligence skills.
The role also provides to a person the comfort of reading and interpreting credit agreements/ loan notices, becoming well versed in excel and knowledgeable in financial transactions.
This role offers the candidate to work on a rotational shift basis, covering US business hours if desired.
Regarding Qualifications/ Education:
• Any study related to Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Technology or closely-related quantitative field from an accredited school
Good to have:
• Basic understanding of origination and syndication process
• Familiarity with Credit Agreements and other related loan documentation
• Strong focus on controls, procedures, quality, accuracy and detail oriented
• Well versed in Macros, VBA or other analytics tools
• Comprehension of direct/ indirect lending procedures
• Basic understanding of relevant rules and regulations on the financial market
• Self-motivated, confident and committed to the company goals
• Able to use MS-Office with advanced knowledge in Word, Excel and Power Point
• Flexible and learning capacity to adapt to on-going changes
• Client service oriented
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.