EMEA Employee Relations Specialist
Human Resources (HR)
Job Reference #
Are you an expert in workplace issues? Do you want to help us provide HR advice and solutions to our colleagues?
We're looking for an experienced HR Employee Relations Specialist to maintain oversight of ER matters in Poland, ensuring that material issues are escalated to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner:
• Advise employees (including HR colleagues and line managers) on matters like performance management, family and medical leave, health-related issues and claims of unfair treatment. Provide technical expertise, advice and support to HR colleagues and clients (EMEA employment law, ER best practice, ER issues across the employee lifecycle, UBS policy application, HR policy development and advice on HR projects).
• Support workplace issues and disciplinary actions including terminations, warnings and grievances.
• Devise and help manage workforce strategy (reductions, acquisitions or divestitures) and training needs
• Pro-actively develop, implement and maintain HR tools that help us handle workplace issues well.
• partner with Employment Legal, supporting the development and governance of policies and procedures and ensure that complex issues and potential litigation are addressed and escalated as appropriate
• Investigate and resolve employee concerns and complaints, and review disputes.
• Investigate workplace concerns raised by employees, including those categorised as whistleblowing, in accordance with internal guidelines, best practice and local labour law.
• Investigate alleged policy breaches and misconduct in accordance with the Bank’s global investigations policy and disciplinary procedures, ensuring proposed penalties and consequences are fair, reasonable, globally consistent and take into account local labour law and regulatory expectations. Suggest and track remedial recommendations.
• Take accountability for managing individual caseload, including managing numerous cases simultaneously, leveraging the support of Poland LMA where necessary.
• Deliver commercial, innovative and practical solutions that are aligned to business objectives, in line with defined standards, budgets and timescales.
• Develop or utilise external network in order to understand local market practice and enable UBS to position itself as an employer of choice in the local market.
• Successfully contribute to EMEA and Global ER objectives including participation in working groups and broader projects.
• Oversee, guide, support and develop the Poland LMA team with regard to straight forward ER matters.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
This is a newly created role based in Poland that will form part of the EMEA Employee Relations Team who are all based in London. We provide trusted specialist employee relations advice and carry out investigations related to employee behavior, ensuring fair and consistent treatment of employee-related matters and mitigating potential risk to our brand. This role is key in developing our EMEA expertise and presence as well as supporting our EMEA based HR clients and employees.
Meet some of the Kraków HR team! Watch the video
• ER Subject Matter Expert; proven track record in employee relations including investigating and advising on ER issues.
• Thorough working knowledge of Polish Labour Law / custom and practice - in particular, working time given regulatory scrutiny.
• Fluency in Polish and English essential. Fluency in additional European languages advantageous.
• Key Competencies: strong communication skills; ability to remain calm when under pressure; excellent coaching, consultancy, decision making and influencing skills; excellent drafting skills and strong attention to detail; self- starter able to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision; active team player; strong organisation and time management skills (must be able to manage numerous ER cases simultaneously).
• Experience of working in the Financial Services industry.
• Experience of working or supporting other EMEA locations preferable – including experience of negotiations with local works councils or working in an unionised environment.
• Ability to develop solid working relationships with EMEA ER Team remotely.
• Proven effectiveness playing a pivotal role in projects on a global level, including shared services and cross-regional policies.
• Know-how to provide advice to employees on how to handle workplace issues.
• Excellent communicator (both professional and sensitive).
• Discrete in handling employee concerns and complaints.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.