Compliance Manager with State Street Global Advisors, Officer
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development, implementation and management of the risk based compliance monitoring programme by effective execution of compliance tasks and identification and reporting of areas of improvement
- Reviewing and assessing compliance breaches and remediation while working with the business to resolve compliance issues.
- Support the Compliance team in the implementation of the firm's compliance procedures, documentation and monitoring systems
- Support the compliance team in managing key projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion
- Support managers in responding to key business partners and externally
- Assist in the administration and operations for the Compliance department
- Assist in the coordination and creation of executive management reporting, regular metrics and programme status updates
- Assist in coordinating and managing regulatory examinations and related reporting
- 3rd Level Degree, relevant Compliance qualification would be advantageous
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Compliance/Regulatory environment in financial services or consulting firm
- Understanding of Irish and EU Directives and Regulations
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner
- A self-starter, adaptable, and self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.