Data Mastering Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you a problem solver who is passionate about data? Can you connect the dots and find effective solutions to enterprise data needs? We’re looking for someone like you to:
• make strong contributions to Data Mastering within Asset Management Data Office, covering current data and manage new data on-boarding
• engage and coordinate with functional and IT leads to inventory current data; categorize it by approved data categories and maintain a complete catalog
• identify data gaps and data integrity issues in current data, partner with data owners and IT team to plan resolution
• partner with IT on reengineering solutions to create physical or virtual data masters by data category
• manage and govern project life-cycle from analysis to IT execution for planned reengineering efforts
• partner with data owners and data governance team within Data Office to apply data governance principle to master data
• provide regular progress updates to business stakeholders, Data Mastering Lead and Data Office leadership on new demands and ongoing projects/efforts
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working within UBS Asset Management Chief Data Office. We’re an innovative data management organization focused on re-defining the Division’s data strategy and supporting the management, governance and provisioning of core data-sets used across Asset Management. Our business strategy aligned Data & Tech Strategy approach provides ample opportunity for a passionate self-starter to collaborate with senior stakeholders throughout the Division to meet divisional data needs.
Working in the AM Chief Data Office, you’ll deliver cutting edge solutions that supply high quality, governed data across functions; helping transform the organization & establish a data driven culture!
• a bachelor’s degree and 12+ years work experience, with a minimum of 3 years directly engaging with business functions and stakeholders
• minimum 3 years of experience working in a large global Asset Manager or Hedge Fund is highly preferred
• minimum 3 years of experience in leading Data Mastering efforts within financial services
• broad knowledge of buy-side data and business processes
• proven expertise leading multiple initiatives in parallel
• strong project management skills required for effective tracking of data needs and associated projects
• good technical knowledge to guide IT in data solutions
• data analysis skills with experience in data profiling & discovery; hands-on SQL experience strongly preferred to aid in data analysis and data validation
• ability to translate high level needs into detailed requirements through effective engagement is needed
• strong team player to partner with other data office and Technology colleagues in formulating solutions to the business needs
• documentation abilities, including advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills, Visio flows, and mock-up creation
• executive-level presentation abilities & communication skills are critical
• hands on, but also excel in disciplined planning & reporting
• data driven and familiar with various data and analytics concepts – mastering, governance, analytics, AI/ML etc.
• well organized & detail oriented
• highly motivated & self-starting (independently lead tasks to conclusion)
• a critical thinker with an analytical mindset
• an effective communicator with the ability to simplify complex topics & develop presentation materials for an executive audience
• able to lead a team and delivery strategic priorities
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.