Big Data Engineer with Python
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about Python and Big Data? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? Do you want to support a world-leading bank and wealth manager’s quest to build a best-of-breed data analytics capability for its payments? Do you want to be part of a joint developer and data scientist team building models and supporting processes to deliver some new and exciting capabilities for the bank? We would like you to join us and help us build out this new platform, sitting on top of the bank’s huge payment flow data and to:
- help build and enhance the technical analytics platform
- make sure that produced code is secure, stable and complies with our formal SDLC guidelines
- work alongside data scientists in an embedded team structure and help write models that analyze our liquidity situation
-support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
- collaborate with other IT teams both within Group Treasury and the rest of the organization
- work on moving the platform into an Azure environment
- help us explore opportunities in the area of AI to introduce predictive capabilities into our models
You’ll be working on a development team based across Krakow, Zurich and London and helping us to build our Polish footprint. The team works in an agile manner with an engaged and dedicated product owner in Zurich.
- strong, demonstrable Python experience
- experience with Spark (including PySpark;
- experience with data science and machine learning libraries is a plus
- experience with Azure/AWS is a plus
- demonstrable knowledge of good software design
- familiarity for delivering under an agile working environment
- have strong analytical & design skills and be structured and systematic in approach
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.