Tech Cloud Architect
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex platforms and applications? Do you know what it takes to help drive a cloud transformation?
We’re looking for an IT technical architect who can help us:
• guide application teams to successful delivery of refactored and greenfield cloud applications
• ensure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous and highly automated infrastructure
• collaborate on cloud pilots
• partner with teams/functions to enable and drive deployment of cloud based solutions
• advise the cloud adoption strategy and roadmap for Finance, Risk & Analytics Services Technology across our organisation globally
• partner with peer domain CTOs/Architects in Finance, Risk & Analytics Services Technology to elicit, agree, document and communicate the target-state cloud models
• drive a review and governance process that ensures the right conversations are happening, fostering an environment that supports healthy challenge and debate on key cloud decisions and opportunities for leverage/sharing
• support the Finance, Risk & Analytics Services Technology Cloud Lead help shape Group Technology cloud vision and strategy. This is a two way dialogue both representing the needs of Finance, Risk & Analytics Services Technology, and also sharing, communicating and driving Group Technology CTO decisions within the Finance & Risk Technology organization.
• Participate in helping to shape how we work in the cloud as a technology organization. Evaluate opportunities for cloud adoption and automation toolsets
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Finance, Risk & Analytics Services Technology CTO team. Finance, Risk & Analytics Services Technology is a global organization with a concentrated presence in NY, Zurich, London and India. We drive technology to support external and regulatory reporting, capital adequacy, liquidity and funding controls and reporting. We also provide technology support to our Integrated Middle Office and Financial Control function in the daily substantiation of P&L and the Balance Sheet. You will be a part of a team of architects supporting each functional area, a supporting group of technologists with expertise in agile, dev ops, and test automation and strategies, as well as a set of program managers to help run governance and adoption programs.
• ideally worked as an architect for 5 years and as a cloud architect for at least 2 years
• proven track record in the architecture, design and implementation of large scale cloud technology development projects in a large scale global complex organisation
• successful management of complex and diverse tasks, while meeting key objectives and timelines
• thorough understanding of both public and private cloud paradigms
• excellent partnering and influencing skills, able to engage and empower a multi-skilled global team
• knowledge of cloud automation systems and languages, such as Python and Java are advantageous but not critical
• bachelor’s degree or equivalent (technical school) in computer science
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.