Tech Internship Program: Network automation developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering robust, reliable, and scalable process automation projects? Do you enjoy tackling complex challenges?
We're looking for someone like this to:
• document, develop, test, and deploy scalable, and robust network automation applications which automate business processes
• develop restful application programing interfaces (APIs) using common frameworks
• build data models to provide business data insights or automated decisions
• build regional and global dev ops test pipelines on Gitlab to support the entire UBS automation community
Our team is responsible for development of global automation network solution that runs every day without fail, self-identifies any faults and accounts for them through rigorous error-handling.
We support every aspect of development including architecture design, development, testing, deployment, and post-production support. As a member of our team, you will be involved in every aspect of the development life-cycle.
In addition to delivering projects, we firmly believe in continuous process improvement and spend a lot of time focusing on area to make us more effective internally, joining internal UBS hackathons as well as prioritizing tasks or tools which will benefit our work stream.
•strong development ability in one or more object-oriented languages (Python preferred)
• strong ability to develop and create unique algorithms to solve complex network and software problems
• strong ability to debug code using built in debuggers, trace stacks, and error handling
• experience working in a collaborative coding environment using git command line and gitlab
• experience using test frameworks like pytest or unitest
• ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software independently
• manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
• able to generate software flow diagrams, discuss implementation techniques, and identify high risk vs high complexity code.
• passion for developing fault tolerant, efficient code using unit testing frameworks
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.