Data Scientist with Python
Human Resources (HR)
Job Reference #
Are you a data evangelist? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? Are you at your best when supporting others? Do you know how to take care of business?
We’re looking for a data scientist to:
• design, coordinate, and implement data driven business and technology solutions to support innovation initiatives
• communicate complex models, analysis and recommendations in a clear and precise manner
• provide thought leadership in statistical modeling and machine learning
• deliver actionable insights to stakeholders through rich visualization and presentation
• manage priorities between research and deliverables effectively
• collaborate actively with topic owners to understand and develop advanced analytics / data science products
Meet some of the Kraków HR team! Watch the video
You’ll be in the HR Insights team in the Pune, India or Krakow, Poland. We are a global team partnering with HR professionals to support senior business clients across the whole of UBS. We work on People Analytics problems which are complex and strategic and may involve Big Data or require sophisticated analysis techniques. This can include predictive modelling, text analysis, data mining and custom visualization. The team includes Data Scientists and people with a range of complementary skill sets who together can take on almost any People Analytics problem.
- Bachelors or Masters level degree in statistics/mathematics/computer science or any related quantitative discipline
- 2-5 years professional experience in extracting commercial value to deliver data science solutions
- solid command on statistics and ability to connect theory and practice of data mining, machine learning to solve real-world use case
- strong working knowledge of Python (genism, SpaCy, tensorflow, Theano, PyTorch, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas), SQL, Unix (awk, sed, bash) for data wrangling, data analysis, modelling
- higher level understanding on APIs, docker and cloud ML platforms (Azure ML).
- knowledge of Natural Language processing (NLP) and quantitative/ Data analysis
- expertise in visualization tools like Tableau
- ability to take an open stack approach towards problem solving and build production ready solution
- confident written and verbal communication skills in English and comfortable interacting with colleagues at various levels
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.