Hybrid Compute Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Have you worked on everything from *nix to Windows systems? Do you love to automate repetitive tasks and solve difficult tasks with the help of scripts and system utilities? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for an IT System Administrator to join our team and help us to:
- Validate any new hardware solution to make sure it has a smooth deployment
- Document any issues and contact vendors for support to arrive at a solution
- Troubleshoot problems with physical servers installation and configuration due to permissions, storage, authentication, network, cabling, etc.
- Decommission virtual and physical servers following the appropriate processes
- Help the different engineering teams in the use of the lab resources
- Manage the engineering lab and server hardware queues and self-prioritize
- Provide all the tools and documentation necessary to the UBS operations teams to do their jobs.
- Support the operations teams when incidents are escalated.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Distributed Hosting Services organization, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our teams.
In the Hardware Engineering and Labs team we are responsible for the testing and validation of the hardware servers and their firmware for all of UBS and manage the engineering lab. We are a highly skilled team with a diverse skill set. We normally deal with servers from all major vendors and regularly use Solaris, networking, storage, Windows, RedHat, Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Infoblox…yes, you get the idea, everything.
- Confidence and mature experience in production control and systems support
- Experience with batch processing or automation tools
- Experience with hypervisors and deploying RedHat, Solaris, or Windows servers
- Preferably previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of the hardware servers from HPE, DELL, and Lenovo, different models and generations
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems on your own and create documentation with the results
- a committed and visionary team player with an analytical mindset, who knows how to speak with people at all levels
- an expert at finding solutions to undocumented problems
- a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
- able to collaborate and prioritize across a complex environment
- fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.