Senior Software Engineer – Java / Platform engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
Do you want to help develop a new high-profile on-line trading application? Take pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration? We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
– be a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project.
– solve challenging problems in elegant way
– master state-of-the-art technologies
– build the highly responsive and fast updating application in Agile & Lean environment
– apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
– work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery
– write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
– work collaboratively with a small team of technologists
Is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform. It’s a leading project that is designed as microservice ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
You will be joining the existing Agile team within UBS Investment Bank to develop capabilities on Cloud with state-of-the-art technologies. You will work closely Architect, Developers using the Platform, Quality Assurance and Security professionals. Currently one of team biggest focuses is cloud migration.
– expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
– expertise in core Java 8 with knowledge of low-level parts of API like multi-threading, concurrency utilities
– Knowledge of how distributed systems functions
– clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
– fluency with design patterns and refactoring techniques.
– fluency in unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / Mockito etc).
– fluency with platforms and frameworks (Spring/Spring Boot)
– experience in building micro-service solutions
– experience with web services (REST) and messaging systems.
– fluency with UNIX command line tools.
– knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
– experience with source control systems (Git), build tools and continuous integration (Maven, TeamCity, Sonar etc.)
– experience with project and issue tracking tools (JIRA, etc.)
– knowledge of cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
– focused on quality
– an excellent communicator
– aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
– quick learner
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.