Tech Internship Program: Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
You will join the Technology Internship Program and will be placed in Automation and Tooling under Infrastructure and Engineering area. You’ll still be working toward your university degree course while getting the opportunity to be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts.
As a member of the engineering team, you will:
• Work closely with operation, support, and product management to take care of system stability and customer satisfaction
• Improve system monitoring and secure high availability, performance, scalability, and traceability
• Improve integration with other DevOps tools
• Improve degree of automation for repetitive tasks and reporting
• Evaluate, assess, and propose 3rd party add-ons as requested by stakeholders
• Contribute and coordinate release upgrades and extensions
• Plan source code and build migrations from one system to another.
• Integrate and document provided solutions
• Inspect root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for solving the obstacle
• Keep up technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
• Exchange practices with colleagues
• willing to work with DevOps with good vision and knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
• aware of security-related insights in large infrastructure environments
• a communicator, with persuasive presentation skills
• customer orientated and focused on service quality
• always competent (but you have the human touch)
• a multitasker, well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.