Who we are looking for:
Under the supervision of Tax Team Supervisor, Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for monitoring all tax related functions on clients which are the responsibility of Senior Tax Specialist’s assigned team. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for ensuring tax figures are reported accurately and on time to the necessary parties. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for verifying and reviewing the work performed by Tax Specialists and for assisting Tax Team Supervisor in all aspects of responsibilities. As an experienced specialist, the Senior Tax Specialist plays a key role in training, and developing junior members of the team, and is expected to be available to provide an immediate point of reference for queries, and to provide on the job training to less experienced staff.
The Senior Tax Specialist is an integral member of the team responsible for delivering quality service to assigned clients of the team. He/She must contribute to the team on technical matters, as well as providing leadership and direction to the team members, in both quality of service and communication with internal clients and other supporting departments. The Senior Tax Specialist is required to solve problems and provide assistance and guidance to the Tax Specialists and among Senior Tax Specialists. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and Senior Tax Specialist needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate. SSGS’ tools help our clients to make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us in making your mark in the financial services industry from day one.
What you will be responsible for:
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Reviews tax components and completes the reviewers’ checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supports departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Works on projects and performs other tasks assigned by the Tax Team Supervisor.
REVIEW OF TAX CALCULATIONS AND OTHER TAX COMPONENTS
- Reviews and approves completed tax calculations performed by Tax Specialists (with the tax accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timeliness.
- Reviews and approves reasonability of the tax tolerance breaches.
- Ensures that the taxation of the fund is in line with the legislation.
- Reviews tax provisions.
RECONCILIATION –TAX RELATED
- Reviews and confirms the tax components activity per daily, weekly and monthly tax computations to support tax in pricing and / or tax reporting. Assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies.
- Reviews and justifies the daily tax movements.
- Reviews Tax Specialist’s checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Assists where required in preparing periodic and ad hoc tax reports, and reviews reports prepared by the team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information required.
- Gathers all required information necessary for preparation of periodic and/or ad-hoc reports or calculation of tax provisions.
- Reviews assets classifications and offshore investments for tax purposes.
- Submits all statutory returns and instructions associated to tax payments.
- Calculates complex tax relief for both pricing and accounts purposes.
- Reviews tax on a periodic/ ad-hoc basis depending on country/client specifics.
- Liaises on issues resolution with tax teams in other locations, fund groups, IT and other units. Escalates when necessary.
- Implements best practices for tax activities. Makes recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepares documentation for review as required.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Other duties requested by team supervisor.
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Tax Team Supervisor, informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establishes and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains systematic filing practices.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
- Ensures that daily workload is allocated appropriately.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work. Trains less experienced staff in tax and bank procedures and processes, and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively commits to development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Identifies training needs within the team and ensures that those needs are met.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and training.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund taxation aspects is required.
- Excellent English communication
Critical Behaviors for Success at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Tax related degree (preferred)
Previous Level of Experience:
2+ years’ experience in fund administration / tax is required
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops