FX Trading Senior Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will
• Analyze business requirements and design and implement solutions
• Work as one of the senior developers of a distributed team with members in London, Krakow, Wroclaw.
• Collaborate with other global IT teams
• Do level 3 Support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You’ll be working in the FX Cockpit team in Kraków. The FX Cockpit Team is working to provide FX sales & trading tools, including but not limited to dealer intervention and order management. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years.
• strong backend Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming with excellent design and problem solving skills (hands-on experience in the following areas: building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies)
• hands-on experience running teams using Agile methodologies, especially Scrum and TDD
• applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
• experience with client-server messaging formats (e.g. Protobuf, JSON over REST/WebSocket or EMS)
• experience with cloud solutions as a plus
• passionate software engineer who delivers things in the right way
• imaginative and creative with emerging technologies
• focused on quality and client experience
• able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
• curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
• the go-to person for the latest development innovation
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.