Senior QA Automation & Testing Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
As a key position within the Quality Assurance area, the senior engineer works collaboratively with the various groups within IT and across business units. This role works under minimal supervision and you will demonstrate experience and good judgment to ensure the appropriate level of quality is designed into automated test scripts. The senior engineers plan work for the automation team, reviews team work output, performs training, and does hands-on automation. The role holder will provides test automation leadership as well as continuous improvement within the software testing discipline.
• Develop quality assurance automation for primarily user interface components & perform manual testing
• Implement ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental team
• Participate in all deployment releases and support production issues
• Work closely with members of the Agile delivery organization and participate in requirements gathering, participate in solutioning & coordinate QA activities software delivery
• Engage with Product Owners, QA teams, software engineers and to come up with appropriate test automation strategies for the various parts of our applications
• Investigate the root cause analysis and provide the report and feed back to the management / stakeholders
• Assume leading role in SDLC process: assist with the development and execution of test cases, document results and assist with coordinating user acceptance test activities with internal and external clients
• Coordinate resolution of issues through to closure including verifying defect fixes are appropriate and adequate, documenting updates
Our delivery unit is working to develop the next generation of Wealth Management solutions for our global user base. We are recruiting for our Wroclaw-based team to support the delivery of a growing portfolio of solutions employing the latest streaming and dashboarding technology and microservice architecture. Adopting Agile delivery structures we utilise teams distributed primarily across Switzerland and Poland.
• Track record in automation and performance testing
• Experience with the following: Agile, SAFe, Automation Tools, Java, C#, Selenium etc.
• Experience working with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Strong business and technical vision
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent English skills
• Demonstrate proficiency with a highly collaborative approach, exhibiting excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.