Tech Internship Program: Software Engineer (Java,Scala,C#,Python)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
The role is for the for someone like you in our Global Regulatory Calculation Team . Are you:
– Looking for an opportunity to work in on projects using latest technology in global finance institution?
– Do you have a knack for problem solving?
– A tendency to dig in, understand issues, clarify with stakeholders, and design solutions?
– Are you ready to learn new development skills?
You will maintain and provide technical assistance of the existing system solutions, you will learn how to develop software components following SDLC methodology (code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance, etc.) You will produce technical specifications along with code of highest standards with help and support of team members. We count on your good understanding of version management of software artefacts.
The role will be working within a global team (Poland, US, UK and Switzerland) supporting and maintaining multiple Finance Technology systems, globally used applications with very high user base. You will closely work with the change project team (based in Poland – Krakow and/or Wroclaw) and business user to define and work out new solutions.
Our internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. Your paid internship will last up to 12-18 months, based on a 35-40 hour week.
The role requires:
– Computer Science studies/ degree or equivalent
– Knowledge of programming language preferably Java or one of the following: Scala, C# .Net, Python, PL/SQL (or any Object-oriented programming language).
– Exposure or awareness of the technical areas around Azure Cloud, Databricks , Cloud pipelines (using Akka/Spark streams), Cloud deployment (Kubernetes & Helm), Big Data, Gitlab and Runners will be added advantage.
– Exposure or awareness of Agile Software Development concepts and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban)
– Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technology.
– a great communicator both written and verbal
– good at building networks and connections
-a pragmatic "can do" attitude
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.