Quantitative Risk Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you experienced in risk models, in particular in the area of Credit Risk and do you have a relevant academic background in this area? Are you an innovative thinker who likes challenges and is able to deliver against tight timelines? Do you enjoy working with data and develop your own codes?
We're looking for someone like you to:
• Substantiate the Probability of Default/Loss Given Default/Exposure at Default measures in the context of regulatory calculations, such as the Basel Capital Requirements Framework, and Expected Credit Loss (ECL);
• Investigate drivers of moves across various businesses and legal entities arising from methodology, business, or scenario changes
• Provide end-to-end analytical support along the whole calculation process and help developing and executing a multi-layered control framework
• Monitor data flows, detect patterns, and substantiate both modular model outputs and aggregated reported numbers
• Prepare regular and ad-hoc analyses performed for key stakeholders and senior committees;
• Support our team fulfilling the mandate to act as a central instance between quantitative modellers, Risk Control, IT departments, and Finance
You’ll be working with Credit Risk Methodology teams in Krakow, which are part of group-wide UBS Risk Methodology. Our role is to develop and maintain all firm-wide credit risk models.
• A university degree a in a quantitative field (such as Financial Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics) or in Economics, Business Administration or Finance
• A sound practical understanding of macro- and microeconomic relationships as well as financial markets and banking products
• Prior work experience in a credit risk environment with experience in regulatory practice
• Good command of programming languages and experience with statistical modelling software (e.g., SAS, R, MatLab)
• Ability to work with large data sets and experience with relational databases (good command of SQL)
• Prior experience in the field of monitoring data flows and calculation processes would be beneficial, ideally in an environment with sophisticated system interactions
• Excellent communication skills with colleagues at all levels in the organization
• Pro-active in taking new initiatives and carrying them through until successful completion
• Fluent in English, both in oral and written form
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.