Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
How would you like to research and develop cutting edge solutions for wealth management?
What you'll be doing:
• Work closely with our business product managers and financial advisors to create innovative solutions to wealth management
• Implement recommender systems to augment our financial advisors and help the clients.
• Analyze large quantities of data (TB scale) to uncover underlying patterns and provide actionable insights to the stakeholders
• Propose, design, and implement new data collection and pipelines that may be useful for creating better models.
You will join the team based in Wroclaw working for Wealth Management Americas within UBS. We have a clear mission: to design, build and deploy innovative, digital-first solutions to wealth management. We are forming a new team and looking for professionals with both the ambition and knowledge to apply modern data science and machine learning methodologies to help our clients. We start with a clean slate and have no legacy. You will help in defining how the modern wealth management is going to be like.
• At least two years of experience in designing, building and prototyping data science solutions in a professional environment
• Proficient with Python, SQL and NoSQL. Experience with Spark or any other engine for distributed data processing is much welcomed
• At least basic knowledge in statistics and time series analysis
• Good sense on presenting, explaining and discussing mathematical / machine learning models and simulation results; including their assumptions and applicability - to people without deep mathematical background
• Good communication skills and fluent in both written and spoken English
• Be proactive
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.