Risk Control Project Specialist
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy delivering strategic projects together with a passionate team? Interested in risk matters and quantitative modelling? If you want to contribute to the Bank's portfolio of projects in model governance and model life cycle management area, then we are looking for you to:
• work with Model Developers on planning timelines, deliverables and project resourcing
• define project plans e.g. deliverables and roadmaps together with the Model Developers, Project Manager or Program Manager
• maintain model activities pipeline for all of the risk models within the team, with respect to cross-projects dependencies and limitations
• organize and host meetings, draft workshop presentations and be the team's key go-to person for projects and governance related questions
• manage program and project administration that will include progress reporting, resource forecasts
• support documentation of model lifecycle activities and the team's documentation management
• automate and improve efficiency of existing processes related to the model lifecycle and team's deliverables across various projects, come up with ideas and proactively challenge the status quo
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working within the Firmwide Stress Methodology team in Krakow. The team has members in US, Switzerland, Poland and Germany. Our role is to develop and maintain firm-wide stress risk models covering UBS's consequential risks. The results of our models are used to assess the impact of macro-economic scenarios on the firm's profitability, financial statements and capital adequacy. We interact with a number of departments across the bank (incl. Front Office, Finance, IT, Risk Management, Business pricing / steering) on a regular basis.
• degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Econometrics)
• experience with project management and planning
• knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and VBA
• knowledge of LaTeX is a plus
• knowledge of risk models and regulatory frameworks is a plus
• familiarity with model governance and model lifecycle management are a plus
• due diligent
• eager to learn and contribute
• an excellent communicator in English
• team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
• self-driven and pro-active in taking new initiatives and carrying them through completion
• certificate in Project Management (PMP, Prince, IPMA, Six Sigma etc.) is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.