Quantitative Risk Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you adept at risk matters? Are you interested in working in a team of quants and econometricians? Do you know how to work well within a team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
• create, develop and maintain methodologies for internal and regulatory stress scenario expansion for UBS
• use techniques from quantitative risk management, statistics, financial econometrics and macroeconometrics to develop, assess, and change models
• implement models in R and produce clear and detailed documentation for regulators across the globe
• bring new quantitative modelling ideas to our team to push ahead key projects within the bank
You’ll be working in the Scenario Expansion Methodology team in Krakow with members in the US, UK, Switzerland, Poland, and India. Our role is to develop and maintain financial and macroeconometric forecast models that are used in stress scenarios, to assess the impact of macro-economic and market scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. Our deliveries are key to regulators across the globe, used for accounting standards, and internal capital assessments and business planning. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses world-wide.
a Master's or PhD degree in applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Quantitative Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computational Science, Quantitative Finance)
• experience in building models from scratch (e.g., time series analysis, linear/non-linear models, Gaussian/non-Gaussian models, parametric/non-parametric models)
• sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
• proficient in programming with statistical software (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, …) - VBA or spreadsheet macros don't count
• strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• general understanding and interest in (macro-) economic mechanisms and their influence on financial markets
• a clear understanding of the following terms: stationarity, co-integration, regression, goodness of fit, out-of-sample, null hypothesis, p-value, risk-neutral, autoregressive, quantiles, density function
• great in communicating (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
• a team-player, but able to complete tasks autonomously
• fluent in English, additional languages are welcome
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.