Senior Quantitative Risk Modeller
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working with large data sets and are interested in quantitative modelling of risk data? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
• gain profound understanding of the business reality which is to be represented in a model
• develop methodologies to assess risks for UBS Group and different legal entities around the globe leveraging insight of data.
• analyze diverse portfolio data and risks, and build statistical models
• construct and analyze statistical loss distributions of underlying risk factors
• discuss model requirements and assumptions with stakeholders (e.g., validators, team, and risk control)
• test different possible model specifications and calibrations
You’ll be working in the Statistical Risk Aggregation Methodology team in Krakow, Poland. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ statistical risk aggregation framework for assessing the impact of simulated risk scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses. We develop and maintain a suite of scenario-aligned risk category models. You'll have exposure to a variety of portfolios and risk types (both position risks and consequential risks) as well as work in a diverse team.
• a Master's degree in a quantitative or data science related discipline (e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics)
• sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications
• general understanding and interest in banking and financial markets
• experience in quantitative modelling (of risk data) preferred.
• experience in handling large datasets
• organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
• team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
• an expert user of the R and/or Python, knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented programming is preferred
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.