Economist in Scenario Development Team
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about macroeconomics, financial markets and current affairs? Does financial and economic forecasting excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– construct baseline and alternative scenarios for business planning and stress testing purposes, with a focus on forecasting indicators such as GDP, inflation, equity indices, interest rates and exchange rates
– utilize methodologies and econometric models for forecasting macroeconomic and financial variables under baseline and stress conditions
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and resulting new developments
– demonstrate soundness of scenario assumptions by means of robust research and monitoring of environmental, political, macroeconomic and market developments
– interact with different teams across UBS for scenario analysis
You’ll be working as part of the Scenario Development (SDE) team within Forecasting and Scenario Methodology (FSM) in Krakow, Poland. Our team is responsible for all aspects of economic stress testing and scenario analysis. The FSM Scenario Development team’s main focus is on global macroeconomic and financial risk and the development of baseline and stress scenarios for UBS and its regional entities. The scenarios are developed using research, subject-matter expertise, use of econometric models and input from senior management and other experts within UBS.
Stress scenarios represent an area of continuous development, as they are increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks on their business and by regulators to assess the resilience of the financial sector and the economy to adverse events
– Master’s degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. economics, macroeconomics, environmental economics, financial economics). Exceptional candidates without a Master's degree but with highly relevant additional work experience will also be considered
– Previous work experience in a related role
– experience involving economic analysis, forecasting of macroeconomic and financial variables, econometric modelling or generation of macroeconomic scenarios
– solid knowledge of macroeconomic and financial indicators
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– At least 3 years of relevant experience in a financial institution, consultancy, government department, central bank of intergovernmental organization.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.