An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Brand Extension Licensing and Protection Team – a growing business focused on brand equity building, revenue generation and brand protection for the Shell Group.
The RMA will oversee the procurement of a wide variety of branded merchandise, focusing on innovation, sustainability, brand building, and strategic relevance – with the overall objective of protecting the Shell brand and maximising cost savings.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
The Brand COE houses this function and the wider team is comprised of 9 licensing, merchandising and trademark professionals. It is a fast-paced environment where there is a focus on results and delivery and where the customer experience is second-to-none.
The RMA is the focal point to guide local marketers through the process of ordering standard or bespoke merchandise, ensuring appropriate customer service and value for money – with a focus on cost savings or cost avoidance. The RMA will specialise in Shell branded merchandise production with expert knowledge on the process from sourcing to delivery and evaluating success.
Last, but not least, quality and compliance are key attributes to merchandise and the RMA shall ensure that all Shell branded merchandise comply with the standards set out in the Shell Merchandise Policy (VI, quality, safety).
The role includes working as a global team sharing learnings with USA and APAC counterparts and building a successful global merchandise portfolio.
What is the Role?
This role focuses on merchandise procurement, ensuring merchandise fits the brief of clients’ marketing programmes, brand and ethical sourcing compliance and flawless project management. Knowing the market, what makes products unique and attractive and how to deal with clients are important skills which will be tested in this role.
- Manage a series of Shell branded merchandise sourcing projects and deliver high quality, world-class branded products that meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders;
- Make sure projects are delivered on budget and achieve cost efficiencies where possible (driving scale of procurement to deliver savings);
- Develop excellent working relationships with third party suppliers;
- Become a brand ambassador for Shell and the central Brand team, maintaining the integrity of the Shell brand from a branded products perspective and ensuring third party suppliers adhere to brand standards;
- Develop excellent relationships with all ER/Brand staff, and stakeholders, e.g. new and existing customers to maximise work completed by CoE;
- To keep up-to-date on merchandise, design, technology and communications trends.
What we need from you:
- Leadership Skills
- Build long term relationships, collaborate and have influence with customers, partners and other external partners;
- Motivate everyone by connecting to a shared purpose.
- Functional Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a creative (and production) environment, working with brands;
- Industry experience in branded merchandise and marketing communications (3+ years);
- Good working knowledge of all appropriate MS Office packages and experience in budget management;
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with demonstrated customer-facing skills;
- An industry-wide knowledge in branded merchandise and communication developments;
- A working knowledge of Shell Merchandise Policy and brand/VI policies regarding correct brand application (design and product);
- A working knowledge of Shell Retail Uniform policy and main source of info/person of reference;
- Sound understanding of contract and procurement, financial structures and processes.