If you are a digital communications specialist with a focus on content performance and a passion for innovation, this could be your chance to make your mark in the energy industry. You will be part of a global centre of excellence setting the strategy for communications at a group level.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
The Digital & Social Media Centre of Excellence set the Shell group strategy across all digital and social media platforms. This team ensures we can deliver unparalleled customer experiences while ensuring the stewardship of the Shell brand in digital channels. We work closely with some of the largest technology platforms in the world to maximise the performance of our content, and with a broad remit for innovation which delivers material impact on business performance.
What’s the role?
The CMP and DAM Product owner is responsible for our Content Marketing Platform (CMP), NewsCred, and our Digital Asset Manager (DAM), Bynder. These tools combined allow Shell marketers to plan, create, distribute, and measure the impact of content efforts to drive real business results. As Product Owner you will set the overall group strategy for these platforms, developing a clear roadmap with key businesses to enable them to maximise the impact to their content across all channels. You will work closely with the vendors, NewsCred and Bynder, and Shell IT to ensure delivery of technical functionality which supports our business requirements and ensure the delivery of ongoing operations. You should be familiar with major trends in digital communications and will need to ensure our product strategy keeps pace with the external environment.
You will be a strong communicator, adept at building collaborative relationships across teams. You will be comfortable setting a vision, and creating a roadmap to deliver on that vision, but working in a fast-paced environment like digital communications, you will be adept at flexing your approach to react when it is required. Furthermore, you will have:
- Integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole. Setting a product strategy which delivers on key business outcomes and delivering that strategy through working with IT and the business.
- Understand shifts in the external environment, work outside-in to ensure the CMP & DAM product strategy and our broader social media performance remains competitive.
- Role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.
- Substantial digital communications experience and knowledge of content marketing specifically.
- Experience with one or more CMP or DAM tools preferred (NewsCred, Percolate, Bynder, AEM, etc.).
- Proven skills setting the roadmap for technology solutions to deliver business value.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Excellent English min. C1