The purpose of the Trading & Supply (T&S) business is to maximize sustained value creation across commodity markets in support of overarching Downstream objectives of material cash generation and a high return on capital.
The T&S Data & Digital team partners with the Business to support cross T&S Data & Digital initiatives and coordinate the T&S Data & Digital agenda, which is aligned with the overall business priorities, centralizing program delivery to enable integration and optimization
As the Information Management Expert, you will be responsible for supporting the Information Management (IM) Lead and T&S in the consistent execution of Shell’s Information Management Manual from a Group Records perspective and driving excellence in the management of unstructured data across T&S. These records must be managed in order to meet legal, fiscal, and regulatory requirements, to preserve corporate memory, to support business decision-making and business development.
- To support the IM Lead in the execution of the overall T&S IM activities, ensuring that T&S has effective operational Group Records management processes in order to comply with the IM Standards and Manual, and to ensure these processes are effectively incorporated into the relevant Business Management Systems.
- To support the IM Lead in providing input on new data Guidelines and how they are executed
- To support the Focal Point Networks, with guidance and advice on needs basis
- To perform assessments of applications to identify and classify Records in Application (RIA)
- To assess adequacy of, recommend modifications to, and approve RIA disposal plans
- To review and approve Application decommissioning requests
- Managing SharePoint Site decommissioning by;
- Assessing the site to identify and classify record content
- Develop action plans with business owners and site focal points to Migrate, Declare or Delete
- Collaborate with Legal to assess preservation
- Approve/reject site deletion
- Subject Matter Expert for defining business requirements for new Record Management (RM) Information Technology (IM) Tools & Business focal points for IT project delivery for new RM IT Tools
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic RM Metrics
- Coordination of compliance reporting and benchmarking
- Provide training and guidance and share best practices as a T&S Records Management subject matter expert (SME).
The T&S business environment is very dynamic, with a highly complex regulatory and internal system landscape. The team is located globally, with multiple interfaces to our Trading hubs in London, Rotterdam, Houston and Singapore and will therefore require strong communication skills and virtual management of interfaces.
Strong outcome driven Collaboration:
Build relationships and establish strong collaboration within and outside T&S to ensure max end-to-end value for the company.
Ability to engage collaboratively across T&S Line Of Busine and externally as required to leverage skill, know-how and capability to define, and deliver business solutions in partnership with the commercial business teams, Finance Operations and IT.
A high degree of flexibility is required to handle various special projects and ad-hoc requests needing quick turnarounds
To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal & external suppliers, in an environment where people struggle to prioritize IM
Inspire T&S Business/Functional colleagues with respect to Information Management data to underpin the delivery of the T&S Data Roadmap.
A good understanding of complex system, data and processes is required, combined with a broad range (and potentially conflicting) internal stakeholder interests.
- Demonstrated experience in Information Management including the areas of e-Discovery, Information Management, electronic Records management, physical Records Management, Information Risk Management, Intellectual Property, Data Privacy and various document management tools
- Change management skills + ability to apply information management tools, processes and standards
- The ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines in a fast-moving business
- Demonstrated ability in engaging senior stakeholders and being able to deliver through others
- Project Management experience and credentials
- Knowledge of Trading and Supply Business, Legal Entities and Organizational structures would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, O365
- Fluent English C1
- University Degree or equivalent