We currently have a vacancy for a Decarbonisation Technical Product Manager to join our global Shell Marine business.
Shell Marine is a global business and an important part of Sector & Decarbonation. The shipping industry with all its diversity and global interdependencies is considered a hard to decarbonize industry. Supporting shipping on the journey to 2050 will be therefore challenging but also full of exciting opportunities and Shell Marine is playing an important and big role.
Shell Marine is the strategic connect between Shell and the shipping industry for Fuels, LNG, future Fuels and all other products and services Shell is offering. Shell Marine also supplies lubricants to the marine sector with a presence in 710 ports and 61 countries, serving over 10.000 vessels per year.
Shell Marine is a growing business, through digital transformation and entering new markets which will lead to revenues beyond lubricants, from services and other marine products. Shell Marine is building the digital capability to offer a seamless customer experience on lubricants, enabling it to become an integrator for products that ships need when in port.
In an increasingly commoditized world, services and technical products are an important differentiator, an additional revenue stream and a growth leavers for Shell Marine. Working closely with the wider team and deliver industry leading technical products and services in close cooperation with the frontline team and customers is the major purpose for this role.
Purpose of the role:
The Decarbonisation Technical Product Manager owns the decarb service and technical offer, and is responsible for the creation of a robust technical service roadmap and successful innovation, creation, development and introduction of an industry leading technical customer experience needed to proactively consult and support customers on the range of products sold by Shell Marine.
By working closely with the OEM (Original Engine Manufacturers) manager, the digital team, marketing, IT and the wider technical team the Technical Product Manager innovates the best in industry technical support by offering smart tools and sensors. He/she combines it with intelligent data mining and creates meaningful and value-adding advise and insights allowing preventive monitoring and maintenance resulting in quantifiable values for our customers with a strong focus on decarbonization.
Technical services are an additional leaver for growing the business by diversifying the technical customer experience and create an additional revenue stream. The Technical Product Manager Decarbonisation understand the E2E value chain of the services and creates a robust financial model and offer that can be executed by sales and creates a sustainable and solid revenue stream for Shell Marine.
- Invent and design services and technical support with a focus on decarbonisation
- Support the delivery and monnetisation of existing services
- Delivering second line technical support to customers and the regional technical teams
- Support front line customer facing activities, training of customers
- As part of the central team, propose and implement innovative but pragmatic ideas to simplify and automate activities as much as possible
- Reduce manual activity
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis of product performance related claims
- Serve the needs of Customers, operating in an increasingly complex and demanding technical environment
- Requirement to work closely with regional technical teams
- Be flexible enough to accommodate the changing business needs and to readjust priorities as required by the business
- As the Marine business is constantly changing, the job scope highlighted here may be changed to suit the changing business need.
1. Marine and technical knowledge
- Relevant technical experience which would include practical experience in the operation and maintenance of machinery plant, preferably gained in a marine or power generation environment, or as OEM service engineer
- Good knowledge and strong interest in emission control and management, preferably in a shipping environment
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge on Marine Fuels including handling and management onboard vessel
- Knowledge on Lubricants including used oil analysis and condition monitoring would be of advantage
2. Virtual Team working
- Experience in working with virtual operational / technical teams would be an advantage
3. Communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers internationally and in a virtual environment
- Strong verbal and written capacity of English language
- Evidence of understanding how technology/technical services deliver commercial value would be beneficial
- Candidate with passion for IT Projects Management would be preferred