You get to be a digital and social media specialist that will contribute to the success of our Retail licensing business. You will grow in a supportive global company with over 46,000 (growing to 55,000 by 2025) retail service stations across 80 countries, powering the lives of millions of people.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
The Shell Retail Licensing business is an all-round offer, like a franchising model, designed to help licensees become a successful, profitable fuels and convenience retailer under the Shell brand. We provide all the retail, commercial and operational support needed to deliver an optimised customer experience through digital.
Digital Excellence Advisors will serve a fundamental role by delivering strategic counsel across digital and social projects to ensure best in class methodology and content effectiveness. Situated within the Digital and Social CoE, we set the Shell group strategy across all digital and social media platforms. This team ensures we can deliver unparalleled customer experiences while ensuring the stewardship of the Shell brand in digital channels. We work closely with some of the largest technology platforms in the world to maximise the performance of our content, and with a broad remit for innovation which delivers material impact on business performance.
Our team of advisors bring expert knowledge and experience across web, email, app and social media marketing.
What’s the role?
As a Digital Excellence Advisor for Licensee markets, you will be the vanguard for Brand Standards at the market level by partnering closely with key stakeholders across all lines of business and functions within a range of regions. You will ensure our central digital and social strategies are market-relevant, while also advocating central guidelines within region.
You will enable our digital excellence model by being the focal point for social channel requests and emerging technologies from local markets, sharing market priorities with the central Products and Innovation team, and promoting and enabling the CoE’s technologies and solutions at a local level.
Your role will include:
- Proactively support, advise and coach internal and external stakeholders to get the most out of Shell’s digital services, ensuring best-in-class execution.
- Facilitate the editorial process and approvals, in line with the Shell Brand, retail business, digital strategies and content plans.
- Support regional and in-market digital measurement activities by interpreting data and providing optimisation insights, tying digital marketing activity to business value.
- Partnering with the digital delivery team (Accenture) to meet targets, including prioritisation of marketing activities to ensure deadlines are met with high quality outputs, in line with business expectations.
- Leading the local roll out of new technologies and platforms related to digital and social channels.
What we need from you:
When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations it’s your excellent people skills that will make the difference. You will build long-term relationships, collaborate and have influence with customers, partners and other external parties to get the most value of digital from content ideation to wireframing, development and publication.
Furthermore, you will have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, in IT and/or Marketing (or equivalent professional experience).
- Substantial and comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing, with a clear and proven passion for the industry.
- Digital communications expert, with comprehensive experience in managing websites and social media campaigns.
- Proven experience with content management systems, including Adobe Experience Manager, Sprinklr and Newscred.
- Thorough knowledge of digital and social analytics, able to interpret reports and dashboards across a variety of tools.
- Thorough knowledge of SEO and social media optimisation.
- Exposure to running local marketing campaigns.
- Working knowledge of direct email marketing and push messaging solutions and campaigns.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence outcomes at a senior level