Shell Legal's Project Managers are members of the Central Legal Projects team in the Legal Services Global Operations department, supporting all Legal departments, countries and regions. The focus for our team is to deliver all aspects of project management from initiation / business case, through to implementation and benefits realization. Our department works closely with all legal departments to develop the resources, processes and tools to ensure that we continue to drive Operational Excellence. We are at the forefront of best practice in the industry and successful candidates will be the agents of change as the Legal function evolves.
The role encompasses, but is not limited to;
- Knowledge and experience of project delivery, either as an IT Project Manager or Business Project Manager
- Strong focus on business outcomes
- Planning skills to shape, scope and schedule projects and initiatives at inception
- Management skills to drive successful and efficient delivery of projects including management of deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues (global, central, cross-departmental and department specific)
- Team building and leading skills to ensure project delivery effectively leverages the skills and expertise of delivery team members, business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
- Communication skills to ensure that project reporting and stakeholder management are effective
- Change Management skills to ensure that projects are implemented successfully and the value and benefits are realized
- General consulting skills in facilitation, best practice development, process improvement, commercial management and change management
- Collaborate with other teams, departments and global functions if required
- Project initiation, including experience in developing;
- project charter/ terms of reference
- business case
- implementation plan
- issues and risks log
- project governance
- End to end project implementation, including;
- scope and design
- business process analysis and design (where needed)
- business requirements analysis, capture and prioritisation
- transition to operations / operational support
- close out
- Projects can include technology enabled initiatives, strategic, global or cross departmental projects (Legal-specific and/or process improvement), and legal matters
- Project dependency, risk and issues management and assurance
- Project reporting and governance
- Reuse and sharing of lessons learned
- Change management
- Work as part of a global, virtual team
- Need for strong team-working skills in a virtual environment
- Versatility and adaptability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, rapidly changing environment
- Delivery and change management skills applied to drive business value enablement
- Integrate with the prevalent culture in Legal across all engagements
- Strong engagement skills, working with stakeholders at all levels on regular basis
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Project Manager educated to degree level or equivalent
- A proven track record of successfully managing and delivering projects on-time, within budget and scope, within a large global organisation.
- Proficient in project quality management, and familiar with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to liaise effectively with all levels of management and other businesses and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with a large number of stakeholders, customers, leaders as well as team members.
- Strong planning, communication, presentation and change management skills
- Familiar with a range of analysis, modelling and design methods, and able to cope with complex data
- Analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Sound understanding and practical experience of risk and issues management.
- Confident and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently or with a variety of people across all levels of the organisation
- Good organisational skills with an ability to take the initiative
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ideal but not mandatory:
- Experience of project delivery within a Legal / Compliance context.
- Post-graduate qualification or Professional Certification in Project Management
- Good current knowledge of in-house Legal challenges, trends and industry developments.